Everybody that is trying to get in shape will know the struggle with avoiding sweet treats such as brownies. That is why everyone deserves to know a good protein brownie recipe that will not blow your diet out of the water and satisfy your craving. Besides just using a protein powder to get the protein content in the brownies I have used lupin flakes as they are naturally high in protein (40%).
2/3 cup lupin flakes
1 cup gluten free self-rising flour
¼ cup almond meal
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup stevia
4 egg whites
4 egg yolks
250g butter melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Separate the egg whites into a mixing bowl and the yolks into a small bowl.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they become stiff and are able to form peaks
4. Mix the Lupin flakes, SR gluten-free flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, stevia and chocolate whey protein.
5. Melt the coconut oil and add it along with the yolk to the lupin/ flour mixture by making a well in centre and mix until it becomes smooth.
6. Now fold the egg whites into the mixture.
7. Get a baking tray and line it with baking paper and spread the mixture out in the bottom and pop it in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes.