Here’s my version of peanut butter cups :). These are a good little treat to have ready for those post workout cravings. They are really quick and simple to make and taste amazing! I won’t waffle on about how amazing they are and get on with showing you how to make these little beauties:
70g dark chocolate
3 tbsp crunchy cashew nut butter
2 tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup vanilla protein
1. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl that is over a pan boiling water.
2. Mix the cashew nut butter, almond milk and vanilla protein in another bowl. You want the consistence to be like a spreadable dough. But if you want it slightly runny then make the mix a bit runnier :).
3. Get 5 cupcake cases out and pour half of the dark chocolate around the outside of the cases. You may need to move the cases around a bit to make sure the sides a coated and all the chocolate isn’t just sat in the bottom of the case.
4. Add some of the cashew nut mix to the cases but not going higher than the dark chocolate up the sides of the cases.
5. Now just pour the remaining dark chocolate over the mix to seal the cups
6. Pop them in the freezer or fridge until they have set and bob’s your uncle, tuck in!
You can use whatever kind of nut butter you prefer. Different brands of protein powder mix in differently and you may need to adjust the measurements slightly to reach the correct consistency.