Omega 3 Fish Oil
Some Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules
In my opinion Omega 3 fish oil should be one of the first supplements that you buy as it has a number of benefits such as:
- Richest source of EPA, DHA and DPA. Which are the three main omega 3 fatty acids.
- Reduces inflammation, which tends to prevent pain in cases of headaches, menstruation and stiffness/ painful joints from arthritis.
- Helps you get and stay lean.
- Increase cardio output.
- Has a number of mental health benefits preventing and alleviating depression, ADHD and even schizophrenia.
- Improves heart and vascular health.
However one issue that can be a bit of a problem when using this supplement is the quality of fish oil. Lots of fish oil products sold are contaminated with high levels of heavy metals. You tend to get what you pay for so buying the cheapest fish oil you can find isn’t always the best quality.
4-8 tablets per day spread out ideally 2 per meal, but with breakfast and dinner being the most important. You can buy the fish oil in liquid form but I always buy it in capsule form as I don’t enjoy the taste and chucking a couple of tablets in my mouth takes two seconds and has no after taste.
Where to get it from?
When choosing where to buy from do remember that if you use crap quality supplements you tend to find you get crap results and you would have been better off saving your money and buying some wild caught salmon instead. I personally buy my omega 3 fish oil from Bulkpowders here but it is worth having a look around as most supplement companies will sell it. I have also been told that alimentnutrition.co.uk sell a good high quality omega 3 fish oil.