Vanilla Protein Low Carb Cheesecake!
If you are like me and have a bit of a sweet tooth and would happily eat a whole bag of hob nobs, trying to stick to a carb cycling diet can be a struggle! In order to satisfy my craving without destroying my hard work, my go to low carb dessert has to be this low carb cheesecake which is packed with protein. It really is a life saver and will no doubt help you to stay away from those dreaded carb filled cheat meals! You are probably thinking that making a cheesecake sounds time consuming, but this low carb cheesecake only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
The recipe is meant to produce a cheesecake large enough for 4 good slices, however I am a bit greedy and always seem to have seconds and before you know it the whole cheesecake has disappeared!
As I follow carb back loading diet this dessert tends to save me on rest days when everyone else is tucking into sticky toffee pudding. It lets me have a pudding that doesn’t leave me hating myself afterwards!
Enough of me waffling on, here is how to make this low carb cheesecake… Enjoy!
For the Base
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
For the Cheesecake
1. For the base mix the ground almonds, almond butter and honey in a bowl using your hands until you are left with a mixture that kind of resembles bread crumbs. Then get a medium sized oven pan and press the mixture into the bottom.
Ground Almond Base Mixture
2. Mix the eggs whites, quark, yoghurt and vanilla whey protein in another bowl.
Cheesecake mixture and base
3. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the base.
4. Place the cheesecake in the oven on 150 C for around 30 minutes. I tend to check the cheesecake about the 20 minute mark and turn the tray in the oven. You want the cheesecake to still be slightly wobbly when you take it out of the oven as it will set as it cools.
5. Add what ever you like on top. I don’t tend to add anything as I am a bit impatient and just want to eat cheesecake! But dark chocolate, nut butters and cinnamon all taste great on top.
Macros (4 slices)
Fat (g) = 19.5
Carbs (g) = 7.3
Protein (g) = 25.8